The Terms shall be deemed to have been accepted by you whenever you use RIH’s HealthGain Plans and/or any of the packages issued by RIH, or avail any of the health benefits arising there from. You are understood to have read and agree to abide by (on your own behalf and on behalf of your dependents/family) the Terms. You are requested not to use the RIH’s HealthGain Plans or any of the Packages issued by RIH, or avail any of the health benefits arising therefrom, if any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms is unacceptable to you.
RIH CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
This cancellation and refund policy (“Policy”) governs the cancellation of your membership with Root India Healthcare Ltd, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 of India, having its corporate office at C-270, Sector-63, Noida-201301 (“RIH”) and of the membership card issued by RIH (“HealthGain Membership”), as well as the refund of the fees paid by you towards purchase of such Preventive Health Care Plan (“Membership Fees”).
In the event that you wish to cancel the MyHealthGain Membership and your membership with RIH, you shall be required to intimate the same to RIH by calling RIH inbound or by sending an email to within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt of the MyHealthGain Membership by you. You shall further be required to return the HealthGain Membership and all documents and other items provided to you along with the MyHealthGain Membership (“HealthGain Membership Welcome Pack”) by mailing the aforesaid to RIH C/O Cancellation Department at C-270, Sector-63, Noida-201301.
On receipt of such intimation and the MyHealthGain Membership’s Welcome Pack, RIH shall verify the details of your membership and the request for cancellation placed by you. On RIH’s satisfaction that your request is in accordance with this agreement, RIH shall carry out the following (collectively, “Cancellation”):
- Discontinue the MyHealthGain Membership issued to you and your membership with RIH with immediate effect; and
- Issue a refund of the amount paid by you as Membership Fees. On Cancellation as aforesaid, RIH shall intimate you of the fact of such Cancellation and shall inform you of the method of refund of your Membership Fees. Such Cancellation shall be subject to the following terms: Cancellations shall be considered only if
- a valid request is made in this regard within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt of the MyHealthGain Membership by you, and
- the entire MyHealthGain Membership’s Welcome Pack is returned to RIH within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt of the cancellation request as aforesaid. For calculation of the aforesaid periods, the records of dispatch, delivery and communications available with RIH shall be considered final purchased the MyHealthGain Membership under any celebratory / festive offer, or any special / discounted offer of any kind whatsoever.
- No cancellation shall be carried out if you have purchased the HealthGain Membership under any interest free easy monthly installment (EMI) option offered by RIH.
- No cancellation shall be carried out if you have in any way availed any of the benefits available under the MyHealthGain Membership prior to confirmation of cancellation by RIH. In the event a request for cancellation is received by RIH after dispatch of the MyHealthGain Membership’s Welcome Pack to you, RIH shall deduct an amount of Rs. 1,000 (Rupees one thousand only) or 10% of the membership fee whichever is higher from your membership fees and only the balance shall be refunded to you as part of the cancellation.
- In the event a request for cancellation is received by RIH after a positive welcome call to you, RIH shall refund up to a maximum of 50% of the membership fee of your membership fees only.
- All cancellations as approved by the RIH’s management as per their discretion shall ordinarily be processed within 30 days of receipt by RIH of the MyHealthGain Membership’s Welcome Pack. In case of no contact post approval, the 30 days may get extended.
- In the event the entire MyHealthGain Membership’s Welcome Pack is not received by RIH within 14 (fourteen) days of receipt of a valid request for cancellation by RIH, RIH shall deduct an amount of Rs. 2,500/- (Rupees two thousand five hundred only) or up to 50% of the membership fee whichever is higher from your Membership Fees and only the balance shall be refunded to you as part of the cancellation.
- Credit of the membership fees to your bank account / credit card account upon cancellation and refund by RIH shall be as per policies and timelines followed by the banks involved and RIH shall not be responsible for any delays in this regard. You are understood to have read and agree to abide by this Agreement.
- All information in this communication is correct & updated as per December 2014 and is subject to change at the discretion of RIH. This agreement shall form an integral part of the terms and conditions governing the use of the MyHealthGain available on www.rihl.in